Seattle Against Slavery
Last Updated: May 7, 2018
What Information About Me Is Collected and Stored?
Information You Provide to Us
When you sign up for our newsletter, RSVP to an event, or contact us directly, we may receive information about you, including:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Zip Code
- Name of organization
- The contents of any message or comment, and any other information you choose to provide.
Automatically Collected Information
- Device information about your computer, browser, mobile device, or other device that you use to access the Website. This information may include IP address, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language, and other transactional information. We may use your IP address to derive your approximate location.
- Analytics and usage information about your use of the Website.
- Additional “traffic data” and log files such as time of access, date of access, software crash reports, session identification number, access times, and referring website addresses.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but, if you prefer, you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you delete your cookies or if you set your web browser to decline cookies, some features of the Website may not work or may not work as designed. For more information on cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information provided by the Interactive Advertising Bureau at www.allaboutcookies.org.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We may use your information in the following ways:
- To operate, maintain, enhance and provide features of the Services, to provide information that you request, to respond to comments and questions, and otherwise to provide support to users.
- To understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our website visitors, to improve the Services, and to develop new features, and functionality.
- To contact you for administrative and informational purposes. This may include providing customer service or sending communications, including changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To personalize content and experiences on our Website, including providing you reports, recommendations and feedback based on your preferences.
- For our business purposes, such as audits, security, compliance with applicable laws and regulations, fraud monitoring and prevention.
- To enforce our Terms of Service or other legal rights.
Who Do We Share Your Information With?
We disclose information that we collect through the Website to third parties in the following circumstances:
Third-Party Service Providers
To a potential or actual acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business or assets (including in bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
We may use and disclose aggregate information that does not identify or otherwise relate to an individual for any purpose.
What Steps Are Taken To Keep Personal Information Secure?
We use certain physical, organizational, and technical safeguards that are designed to maintain the integrity and security of information that we collect.
Please understand, however, that while we try our best to safeguard your Personal Information once we receive it, no security measures or can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and thus we cannot and do not guarantee the security of your data.
How Can We Transfer Your Personal Information?
What Happens When I Link To or From Another Website?
From time to time, we may send newsletters or marketing e-mail messages to our users. If you no longer want to receive such emails from us on a going forward basis, you may opt-out via the “unsubscribe” link provided in each such email.
Changes to This Policy